Sunday, January 29, 2012

January Socks

Productive month, four pairs of socks. The orangey yarn is Phildar Hobby, and the other yarn is ONline Supersocke 100 Walking Color. First pair were vanilla socks for my oldest boy's birthday. 60st socks, heel over 30sts, toe to 20sts. Started January 3, finished the 9th. Details here.

Second pair were vanilla socks with a twist of 3x2 rib for change. These socks were for my youngest boy's birthday. I cast on 56sts and decreased one stitch after the cuff to 55sts to make the 3x2 rib work. Heel over 28sts to keep purl stitches on either side of the top of the foot. Cast on one stitch before toe shaping so I'd have 14-28-14 and graft the toe once I hit 20sts. Details here.

The other two pairs are ankle socks for a friends who prefers ankle socks. I used the leftovers from the first two pairs. Both are 60st vanilla socks, heel over 30sts, toe to 20sts, but the ONline leftovers I did 2x2 rib for something different. Details here.

Happy knitting!

Sheri (lexa)


No comments: